After spending several hours today cleaning up a bunch of crufty old HTML that was deprecated years ago, I've switched the DOCTYPE for this site from HTML 4.01 Transitional to HTML 5. The spec is still in draft, but I'm starting to use some of the new features already, so I figured it was time.
I am using Apple's proprietary extensions to
<input type="search"> (although I have recently
updated the code to make live searching work in browsers other than
Safari). As far as I know, that's the only thing that doesn't validate,
There could be layout bugs. Let me know if anything doesn't look right.